This slow cooked lamb and gut friendly flourless gravy is your christmas lunch must have. Made with cauliflower and bone broth this creamy and smooth texture will remind you of when gravy meets white sauce.
Prep 10 Min | Cook 6-8 Hours | Serves 6
Recipe By: Casey-Lee / @livelovenourishaus / www.livelovenourish.com.au
- 1.5kg good quality lamb leg (bone in)
- 2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp Meadow And Marrow Bone Broth Concentrate – Lemon & Herb
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp Meadow And Marrow Bone Broth Concentrate – Lemon & Herb
- Salt and pepper
- Place lamb leg in slow cooker on low heat
- Drizzle with olive oil, add fresh thyme
- Mix Bone Broth Concentrate with water and pour into slow cooker. Cook over low heat for 6-8 hours or until lamb is tender and falls off the bone
- Meanwhile to make the gravy: In a large pot heat olive oil, add cauliflower florets with 1/4 cup water.
- Cover and cook until really soft (overcooked)
- Add chives, rosemary, thyme, 2 cups water and Bone Broth Concentrate. Mix to combine
- Transfer cauliflower mix to a blender (or use hand held blender) and puree. Season to liking
- Once lamb is cooked use two forks to pull apart and shred
- Serve lamb with a side of flourless gravy and steamed greens of choice
NOTES / TIPS:
- Typically gravy is made with flour but here’s a clever twist using cauliflower instead of flour to thicken. With benefits of extra veggies and being low carb and grain free.
- You can also slow roast your lamb (reduce liquid) in the oven on low (covered with foil or lid)
- You can add pan drippings from roast meat (or even roast chicken) to boost flavour of your gravy
- You can also use garlic infused olive oil in your gravy in place of extra virgin olive oil for extra garlic flavour
- The gravy consistency is thick and creamy. You can add a touch more water if you prefer a thinner consistency.