The healthiest Green Curry Paste is made at home. All you need is one pan and a food processor and you're on your way
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 3 long green chillis , roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30g galangal or ginger peeled and chopped (about 2 inches of ginger)
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, stems removed and shredded (can be replaced with zest of 2 limes and 1 lemon)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves, stems and roots
- 1 tsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 green onions, roughly chopped
Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the cumin and coriander seeds and toast, shaking the pan for 2-3 minutes till fragrant and slightly golden.
Place the seeds in a food processor and grind till fine.
Combine all the ingredients with the ground seeds in a food processor and blend into paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Go as smooth as possible.
Can be stored in the fridge for up to one week.