Looking for a great way to utilise your leftover veg? This Broth Infused Roast Vege Dip will be a big hit this Summer!
Prep 10 min | Cook 40-60 min | Serves 1 cup
Recipe By: Penny Benjamin, Nutritionist / @pennybenjamin.nutritionist / www.pennybenjamin.com.au
- 2-3 cups of your favourite roasted veg (pumpkin, zucchini, eggplant, carrot – or anything in the fridge that needs to be used)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tsp Meadow & Marrow Bone Broth Concentrate (any flavour would be great)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh or dried herbs to taste – I often throw in a bunch of fresh rosemary, thyme, parsley and chives from my garden
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Chop veg into roughly 2-3cm chunks
- Line baking tray with baking paper, spread veg evenly on tray and drizzle with EVOO
- Cook for about 40mins then allow to cool
- Blitz all ingredients in a blender or food processor until combined. (Add some water if you need to get it to the consistency you desire)
- Place in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 3 weeks
NOTES / TIPS:
- You may need to add a little water to help combine/adjust to the consistency you like.
- Serve with veggie sticks, chickpea chips or my nourishing (paleo & vegan) seed bread or use as a condiment to meat!
- Use any veggies you have left over – a great way to save food
- Serve warm or cold